Remember writing lines in school – always for various offenses like talking, chewing gum, sleeping, shooting spit balls at the teacher… I could go on & on with this but I wont. It always seemed like teachers had no sense of humor – but I digress… haha! Really all they were doing was giving us ideas (although unknown to us then) for how to be “crafty” in a more (or less) adult way later on!
As I was browsing the isles of my local Dollar Tree this weekend, searching for some $1 inspiration… what was I to find but a PLATE!! Yes an ordinary plate to the “untrained” eye… but for those of us who might have spent a few hours at the blackboard, breathing in chalk dust, mumbling obscenities and writing some non-creative choppy sentence like “I will not pick my nose in class.” the plate becomes a work of art – with just a swish or two of chalkboard paint! So I rang up that PLATE and rushed home to my mad-scientist lab (aka the kitchen table) and went to work. A few minutes later (literally) I had something that would raise the hair on the back of any teacher’s neck… a beautiful chalkboard plate that I can scribble on ANY TIME I WANT…not just when I’m bad!!
So that got me thinking – what ELSE could I freak out the teachers with?!?! I compiled a TO DO list of some future projects using chalkboard paint … Let me know if you decide to try any of these! You can find the paint at your local home improvement or craft store, Hobby Lobby, Wal-Mart – this stuff is everywhere!! I used Americana Black Chalkboard paint for my PLATE – see the cute little picture below!
- Chalkboard Closet Doors (hearttreehome.wordpress.com)
- DIY Chalkboard Frame (Make it for Christmas) (frugalupstate.com)
- Projects ” How-To’s ” Diy Chalkboard (cutoutandkeep.net)
- How To Make Custom Color Chalkboard Paint Martha Stewart (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Fun With Chalkboards (weddingbee.com)
- Custom Chalk Illustrations by Dana Tanamachi (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Make It: Chalkboard Message Center (cathiefilian.blogspot.com)
- Front Door Message Board (organizeyourstuffnow.com)
- Romantic Kitchen Chalkboard Makeover! (dreammom.blogspot.com)